Basement Finishing, Basement Renovations, Basement Remodeling Ideas, Plans, Willow Grove PA 19001
The next step is to design your basement remodel. Willow Grove PA 19001
It can save a lot of time and a number of headaches if you begin your design by sketching out the floor space in your basement. Next, mark your sketch to show important things you will need to consider in your design: Willow Grove PA 19001
- Show where any windows are located
- Indicate an exterior door
- Indicate the point(s) of access from the main floor
- Locate and indicate on your drawing, the location of your fuse box or circuit breaker box, shut-off valves for water, gas, etc. (You will need to design around these items to keep them accessible.)
- Indicate the location of any plumbing access pipes
- Indicate the location of appliances – furnace, heat pump, water heater, washer and dryer, etc.
- Indicate the location of any support poles or beams
- If ducts for heat and air have already been installed, you might want to include a reminder of the location of any ducts or duct work you will need to accommodate when you install a ceiling.
Basement remodeling ideas - Willow Grove PA 19001
Now you are ready to use the basement remodeling ideas you have seen and create the design for your remodeled basement in Willow Grove PA 19001. Here are a few money-saving, labor-saving, and time-saving tips for your design:
- Place any new bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, etc that will use water, as close as possible to existing plumbing. You might save a bundle by being able to connect with existing main lines.
- Decide if you need a second point of access from the first floor to the basement. For example, if you will use part of the basement as an in-law suite or a teen suite or a guest room, you might want a second (more private) stairway.
- Determine how you will work around and still provide access to shut-off valves, circuit breaker boxes, etc.
- Find a creative way to work with support poles or beams. Will you enclose them in a wall? Will you cover them with a fiberglass column? Will you just build a box around them?
- Where are the most logical places to create storage? It probably makes sense, for example not to use the limited space near windows for storage.
- Decide where you will construct walls and whether interior walls should be insulated or covered with sound board to reduce noise in other parts of the basement.
Plan carefully and finish your basement in Willow Grove PA 19001.
If you gather your basement remodeling ideas and plan carefully, you can finish your basement and provide a large amount of additional living space for your family. Attending to these considerations for safety and careful planning will result in a smooth remodeling project that can be done either all at once or in stages as you have the money to finish it. You will probably find more basement remodeling ideas than you can possibly use, but with careful planning and a design that accommodates appliances and other areas that must be accessible, you can finish or remodel your basement with very few headaches. In fact, you will probably have a lot of fun. Our Services Include:
- Free Estimates and Consultation in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Basement Renovations in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Complete Basement Remodels in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Flooring in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Wet bars in Willow Grove PA 19001
- HVAC in Willow Grove PA 19001
- And more in Willow Grove PA 19001!
Remember, your basement can be used as a storage room, or an entertainment area, your dream can be turned into a realistic concept, so contact Basement Waterproofing Etc. today for quality and service you can trust, at a price you can afford in Willow Grove PA 19001.
Call Basement Waterproofing Etc. today for a free estimate! 877-709-3379
Some of the most popular uses for remodeled basement space are:
- Play room for children in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Home office space in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Teen or In-Law suite in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Guest Bedroom in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Home Theater in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Game room in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Hobby or craft room in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Carpentry workshop in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Storage in Willow Grove PA 19001
- Computer or homework room in Willow Grove PA 19001
Basement Finishing, Basement Renovations, Basement Remodeling Ideas, Plans Willow Grove PA 19001 877-709-3379
Basement Finishing: How to Do It Right Make your moisture or water damaged basement livable Basement finishing steps: Solve moisture problems with effective basement waterproofing. in Willow Grove PA 19001 Remove damaged materials. in Willow Grove PA 19001 Install new finish materials that won’t attract mold or get damaged by moisture. in Willow Grove PA 19001 Basement finishing is the process of transforming an unfinished basement (the original basement when the house was built) into a livable, usable space. A re-finishing project involves updating a previously finished basement that has incurred water or moisture damage. The end result is the same: you want a healthy, comfortable environment. By starting with the right products and materials, you can ensure your investment in a remodeled basement is money well spent. in Willow Grove PA 19001 Basements finished with conventional building materials (wood, drywall) typically don't hold up to moisture, humidity, and other water issues. Because basements are humid and often experience leaks or groundwater seepage, water damage is the most common issue in basement finishing. Drywall gets soggy. Painted surfaces become stained. Wood paneling and trim becomes warped and moldy. Carpeting begins to smell. If that sounds familiar, read on for the solution.
Basement Remodeling in Willow Grove PA 19001 Innovative finishing materials from Basement Systems are… Durable Beautiful Low or no maintenance Immune to mold & moisture damage Whether you’d describe your basement improvement project as basement restoration, basement remodeling or basement refinishing, the goal is the same: to transform an “adequate” basement into a livable one. in Willow Grove PA 19001 Everlast Wall Panels, for example, are pre-finished hard cement boards that will stand up even after getting soaked from a bad rainstorm or major sump pump failure. After your basement is pumped dry, wipe the vinyl, linen-like textured surface with a sponge and mild detergent. The panels are available with or without a bonded layer of 2-1/2-in. of high-density foam insulation. Similarly, our ThermalDry® Basement Floor Systems can be submerged for days without being damaged. Simply clean and dry the modular tiles after a water event and reinstall.
Essential Steps in Basement Finishing Projects: Solve water and moisture problems. in Willow Grove PA 19001 If water is leaking into your basement, our perimeter drain and sump pump system is the best way to stop water intrusion. There’s a good chance you’ll also need to have a basement dehumidifier installed. Our SaniDry™ dehumidifier is an ENERGY STAR® model designed specifically for basements; it’s the best way to maintain lower humidity levels that discourage the growth of mold and mildew. Restore moldy, moisture-damaged walls. in Willow Grove PA 19001 Many older basements were finished with mold-friendly materials like wood studs, gypsum board and fiberglass insulation. In these basements, mold, mildew and wood rot can often be found on lower wall areas. in Willow Grove PA 19001 Our innovative EverLast™ Wall® restoration system enables us to replace only the damp or damaged lower section of your walls, using steel studs, rigid foam insulation and vinyl-faced cement board. With our EverLast™ Wall System, you avoid the mess and expense of total demolition. Instead, you get an attractive wainscot wall treatment won’t ever be damaged by mold or moisture. Finish your foundation walls. in Willow Grove PA 19001 If the basement area you want to refinish has exposed foundation walls, there are several ways to finish these walls so that your newly remodeled space will be brighter, more comfortable and more attractive. in Willow Grove PA 19001 Installing Basement to Beautiful panels against foundation walls will improve comfort and save energy. Our B2B panels feature rigid foam insulation that won’t degrade or hold moisture, and studs made from steel used instead of wood. Our exclusive BrightWall® wall covering and ZenWall® panels are other wall-finishing options that will help make your new basement bright, beautiful and easy to keep clean. Install new flooring in Willow Grove PA 19001 Flooring treatments that work well upstairs can be a disaster in the basement, especially if wood “sleepers” or underlayment is used. Instead of risking mold and moisture damage with “above-grade” materials, choose our ThermalDry® flooring system. Made from high-strength PVC plastic (just like plumbing pipe), ThermalDry® flooring tiles won’t attract mold and can’t be damaged by moisture. in Willow Grove PA 19001 Available in carpeted, ceramic tile and wood parquet styles, ThermalDry® flooring will easily outlast other types of flooring in your basement, and look great doing it.